Brussels’s Required InformationHumanities and Social Sciences Conference
The currency used in Brussels is the Euro. Brussels is the capital of Belgium. If you are traveling to Brussels, you will need to exchange your currency for the Belgian Euro. You may exchange your money for the Euro at most Brussels banks or at specialized stores called Foreign Exchange Bureaus.
For Belgium there are two associated plug types, types C and E. Plug type C is the plug which has two round pins and plug type E is the plug which has two round pinsand a hole for the socket’s male earthing pin. Belgium operates on a 230V supply voltage and 50Hz.
Talk to your doctor or a travel medicine specialist and discuss both the prescription and over the counter medicines that you will need to take with you; take only those for personal use.
• Contact the embassy of the country you are visiting to ensure the medicine is legal there.
• Carry a letter from your doctor with your prescription medicines. The letter should include the name of the medicine, how much you are taking or sending, and state that the medicine is for your personal use.
• All medicines should be kept in their original container displaying your name and dosage requirements, and carried in hand luggage to prevent their loss.
You can easily find flights to Belgium with airlines such as EasyJet, Brussels, British Airways or Lufthansa. Sky scanner allows you to find the cheapest flights to Belgium (from hundreds of airlines including Lufthansa, Delta, United) without having to enter specific dates or even destinations, making it the best place to find cheap flights for your trip.
For the most part, you can hop on nearly any Belgian train with just your rail pass in hand. But the fast Thalys trains that run between Brussels and Amsterdam, Cologne/Dortmund, and Paris do require paid reservations, which cost $25–35 if traveling with a Global Pass.In Belgium you can buy a ticket on board the train, but you must approach the conductor as soon as possible. If you boarded at a station with an open ticket office, or a functioning ticket vending machine you will pay a surcharge of 3 EUR. You could buy tickets through the NMBS/SNCB app. These count as a valid ticket.
Inner-city Brussels public transport uses unified ticketing system so you can use the same ticket for bus, metro, tram or a combination. The simplest way is to buy a single-fare ticket as you enter the vehicle. This costs €2,50.
• Bus. The national government wants all buses in public transport to be clean and economical by 2020. …
• Tram. There are trams in Amsterdam, The Hague, Rotterdam and Utrecht. …
• Underground (Metro) Of the four large cities in the Netherlands, Amsterdam and Rotterdam have an underground line. …
• Regional taxi. …
• Light rail. …
Visa and Entry
Normally a foreign visitor should apply for a Brussels’ Visa to enter Belgium.
U.S. citizens don’t need to obtain a Belgium visa when traveling to Belgium for up to 90 days for tourism and business purposes. However, US nationals are required to hold a US passport, which should be valid for at least 3 months beyond the period of their stay in Belgium.